Founded in 1999, SurveyMonkey changed the way people gather feedback by making it easy for anyone to create their own online surveys. Today, SurveyMonkey’s mission is to power curious individuals and organizations to measure, benchmark and act on the opinions that drive success. Our People Powered Data platform enables conversations at scale to deliver impactful customer, employee and market insights. The company’s 700+ employees are dedicated to fueling the curiosity of over 16 million active users globally. For more information about SurveyMonkey, please visit surveymonkey.com.
SurveyMonkey is searching for an exceptional Technical Program Manager to help Product, Engineering, and Data teams continuously improve the velocity, quality, and satisfaction of their work. The candidate possesses solid communication skills, be empathic while balancing being a task-master with driving consensus. Individual is also committed to continual process, product and performance improvements, be able to communicate with confidence, clarity, and honesty, take initiative and assume ownership of a wide variety of tasks, processes, and deliverables. This position requires a technology background with experience working with data warehouse and business intelligence team. This is an individual-contributor role, reporting into a central program management group.
- Lead planning, execution, and delivery of cross-functional initiatives; working with multiple delivery teams
- Develop roadmaps and resource plans with senior management team
- Develop and maintain communication process and ensure internal business partners across product, engineering, security, finance, operations, legal, and sales are informed
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Prepare and present program and project status: report on key achievements, set up clear and concise reporting dashboards to be shared with key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Create a collaborative work environment that fosters transparency, autonomy, innovation, and learning
- Drive for clarity to keep teams focused and moving forward
- Comfortable with balancing the tactical and strategic
- Develop strong relationships with key business leaders ensuring programs remain aligned with business priorities and outcome
- Assess operational processes to identify potential areas of conflict, and develop options to solve/improve; drive on-going process improvements to optimize execution and efficiency
- Mentor others in best practices for planning and execution; maintain high standards of communication and consistency
- 3-5 years of technical program management experience of large scale cross-functional programs for SaaS based products
- Experience managing engineering, infrastructure, data based programs or projects
- Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle; with ability to adjust using agile methodologies
- Practical experience program managing Software as a Service products and cloud-based services
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Best Practices, Lightening
- Strong knowledge in cloud technologies and DevOps practices
- Strong business acumen, with ability to translate business objectives into supporting system requirements
- Ability to define and refine the process while keeping things light and adaptable
- Self-directed, detail oriented problem solver, will own issues until resolved
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to traverse both vertically and horizontally across the organization
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to influence peers and managers while dealing with ambiguity
- Proficiency in planning and reporting tools
- Exceptional understanding of Network and Service performance and availability; previous experience supporting Infrastructure, Data Warehouse, Devops, or cloud operations
- Knowledge of industry trends and continuous delivery
- AGILE Scrum certification
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.