EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Race to Resilience (R2R) (https://racetozero.unfccc.int/join-the-race-to-resilience/) is a global campaign - the sibling to Race to Zero (RtZ) - catalysing a step-change in global ambition for climate resilience, putting people and nature first in pursuit of a resilient world where we do not just survive climate shocks and stresses but thrive in spite of them.
R2R is led by the High-Level Climate Champions for Climate Action and was launched at the Climate Adaptation Summit on 25 January 2021 by Alok Sharma, COP26 President-designate, after an opening statement from Ban Ki-moon, 8th Secretary-General of the United Nations.
- By 2030, to catalyse action by non-state actors that builds the resilience of 4 billion people from groups and communities who are vulnerable to climate risks.
- By 2050, to live in a world where all communities thrive in the face of the multiple risks and uncertainty posed by climate change.
Non-state actor-led regional, national or global initiatives (alliances, networks, partnerships, associations, consortia, platforms etc.) are invited to register their interest in joining the Race to Resilience by completing the form below.
Every Expression of Interest (EoI) will be reviewed by three members of the R2R Expert Review Group (ERG) (https://racetozero.unfccc.int/governance/). The ERG provides technical advice on the campaign. This includes advising the High-Level Climate Champions about which partner initiatives should be included, or not, in the R2R Campaign for the Champions' final decision. On the next page, you will find the eligibility criteria.
This is the current list of R2R Partners: https://racetozero.unfccc.int/first-round-of-initiatives-join-the-race-to-resilience/.
PLEASE NOTE THAT AN ALTERNATIVE TO SUBMITTING A NEW EOI IS TO JOIN ONE OF THESE R2R PARTNERS - SO PLEASE REVIEW THE LIST TO SEE IF THIS IS AN OPTION FOR YOU.
This EoI has four sections:
- Section I: general information.
- Section II: specific information related to R2R.
- Section III: general eligibility criteria.
- Section IV: eligibility criteria based on the Metrics Framework.
Please complete your submission in English.
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com